Breaking News
Loading...
Sunday 4 September 2011

Info Post
___



In 1994 the Watchtower organization shared the remarkable story of Rami Oved under the title Trained to Kill, Now I Offer Life.[1]





Oved was an officer in an Israeli special forces unit specializing in response to terrorists. He ended up becoming one of Jehovah’s Witnesses, which is why Watchtower published his story.



Since year 2002 Oved says[2]

I could take back many of my words I said in that experience , I would. I'm happy if any of my words there have built up someone's faith in Jesus or Jehovah. However, I do regret it if any of my words have strengthened anyone's faith in the man made WT organization.



He goes on to say,

Today I'm convinced that the WT organization is nothing more than a man made organization that is guilty of crimes against Jehovah and Jesus and many people on earth. I have no doubt, based on the evidence I have, that on the basis of the scriptures and on the basis of the WT publications themselves that the WT society is guilty of:

Apostasy (true apostasy against God)



Hypocrisy



Lying



Child abuse cover-ups



False prophesying



False teachings



Bloodguilt



Spiritism



Love of money



Love of power and control



mistreatment of it's subjects



Lack of love

I know well that people are imperfect. All make mistakes (I have my share), but there is what is called repentance.



I have not been able to find any evidence of repentance on the part of the WT society for the crimes mentioned above, and that what makes this organization wicked.



My words here are not a contradiction to the fact that there may be many members of this organization who are good and sincere people...but so is the case in many other organizations, religious or not. I see no evidence that the witnesses (even the sincere ones) are superior to anyone else in any aspect of life. In fact very often I saw just the opposite to be the truth.



There are few things I have to do before I can move on spiritually, and taking back some of the things I said in that Awake mag is one of them. This really is the purpose of this post.



I hope that all who were encouraged, by my published experience, to put faith in the WT organization read this post and understand that I was misled and I misled others ...really a matter of a blind leading the blind...nothing more.



I have no intention to hurt anyone spiritually. Whether people should stay in this organization or not is for each one to decide for himself. But as for me and my household we are out.



If you have a personal experience published in or alluded to in Watchtower literature and you want me to publish your current feelings here please contact me by email or however you wish.



Marvin Shilmer

______________

References



1. Awake!, published by Watchtower, September 8, 1994, pp. 16-20.



2. Have you read my experience in the Awake?, by Rami Oved, 2002



___

0 comments:

Post a Comment